Long Plain First Nation is seeking a Part-time worker for position of Indian Registry Administrator.
Provide services to all band membership that involves recording births ensuring all proper documentation is attached. Record all marriages, divorces, deaths. Transfers-ensure all proper documentation is ready for Chief & Council Meeting. Month-end reports completed as per ISC guidelines. Ability to prepare for year-end On/off reserve residency report. Assist band member’s with their SCIS cards and also the Laminate status cards. And all other duties under ISC-lndian Registry Administrator.
Ensure all information given by band member is Confidential.
QUALIFICATIONS, ABILITIES AND SKILLS
- Must possess good oral and written communication skills along with strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
- Must have the ability to handle high stress situations under tight deadlines
- Must have working knowledge of word processing, database, and spreadsheet software in a windows-based environment
- Knowledge of the internet is essential
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and reliable transportation
- Must have a current Criminal Record and Child Abuse Registry Check
EDUCATION AND/OR EXPERIENCE
- Must have grade 12 or any other College Certificate or Diploma
- Previous work experience in data entry
- Administrative experience is an asset.
Individuals who feel they are qualified for this position can submit a cover letter, current resume and two reference letters to:
Rosalind Merrick, Tribal Administrator
Ph: 204.252.2731; Cell: 204.870.2422
Closing Date: October 28, 2021@ 12:00 (noon)
Interview & Start Date: To be determined
Terms of Reference available upon request.