The Long Plain First Nation Housing Manager is to carry out and/or oversee a wide variety of housing related tasks and responsibilities. Reports housing matters to the Chief and Council. Reports general administration matters to the Tribal Administrator and/or Councillor with Portfolio for program direction. The incumbent will liaise with external agencies and organizations in the development and pursuit of funding for identified projects, under the direction of Long Plain First Nation Chief & Council.
• Monitor and supervise all housing staff members.
• Responsible for all housing maintenance and renovation issues, as applicable.
• Ensure housing proposals meet the criteria, submission deadline date and reporting deadlines.
• Approval of all housing related expenditures.
• Input into RRAP and all CMHC Projects in regards to tenders, bids, retrofits, renovations.
• Ensure a housing inventory and housing list is kept current at all times.
• Organize housing inspections.
• Monitor and evaluate progress and completion of renovation contracts with progress reports.
• Complete staff performance appraisals on an annual basis.
• Ability to negotiate and facilitate dispute resolutions.
• Facilitates housing meetings and information sessions, as required.
• Report on housing program and project progress to the Chief and Council.
• Prepare annual program/project budget(s), monitor and amend as applicable, for Council and Finance authorization.
• Ensure adherence to pending Long Plain First Nation Housing Policy.
• Establish and maintain communications with Finance, applicable Program Managers, Adminitration and Chief and Council.
• Any other duties as assigned from appropriate authority from time to time.
Abilities & Skills
• Must have working knowledge of computers with software programs – Microsoft Word, Excel, and knowledge of ACCPAC.
• Must have basic accounting knowledge to develop budgets, monitor revenue and expenses and understand financial statements.
• Must be knowledgeable about CMHC Housing Program, National and Provincial Housing Codes, tendering process and contract implementation.
• Must be knowledgeable about zoning, Utility set up process and building permits.
• Must possess strong communication skills, written and verbal.
• Must possess strong organizational and interpersonal skills.
• Must work independently and be a team leader of housing staff.
• Must have current Criminal Record Check and Child Abuse Registry Check.
• Must have a current Driver’s License with drivers abstract and a vehicle.
Education or Experience
• Must possess Grade 12 with Carpentry Certificate/Diploma from a recognized post secondary institution.
• Must have five years experience in housing maintenance, housing construction, housing project management to include finance.
• Equivalent training and experience in housing related field, may be considered.
Application Deadline: June 28, 2022 @ 4:30 PM
Individuals who feel they are qualified are invited to submit a covering letter, current resume with two references to:
Telephone: 204-252-2731; cell: 204-870-2422 Fax:204-252-2012