Responsible for assisting electricians with installing and maintaining electrical and power systems. Works at construction sites, businesses and residences.
- Stripes insulation from wire ends, using wire stripping pliers.
- Assists installing electrical systems, either below 40,000 watts or above.
- Install lighting, electrical outlets and circuit breakers.
- Use tools such as conduit benders, screwdriver, pliers, knives, hacksaws and wire strippers.
- Hook up appliances for power.
- Install new lightening and ceiling fans.
- Rewire homes and businesses.
SKILLS, KNOWLEGDE AND EDUCATION
- A high school diploma or equivalent is required.
- Colour Vision, Electricians helper must identify electrical wires by colour.
- Critical-thinking skills, Electricians helper must perform test and uses the results to diagnose problems.
- Troubleshooting skills, Electricians helper find, diagnose and repair problems.
Individuals who feel they are qualified can submit a resume and cover letter to:
Application Deadline: April 15, 2021
Interview Date: To be determined
Start Date April 26, 2021