Long Plain Employment & Training (LPET) serves to provide training to employment services to the members of Long Plain First Nation. LPET aims to assist unemployed or underemployed band members (primarily living on-reserve) gain the necessary skills and/or training that leads to long term employment.
Objectives of LPET are to:
- Support LPFN members to obtain and maintain long-term, sustainable employment;
- Create training opportunities for LPFN members in occupations that are in labour market demand; and
- Create partnerships with various sectors to promote learning and employment in workplaces.
Funding for LPET is provided by Employment & Social Development Canada and flowed through First Peoples Development Incorporated under the Aboriginal Skills & Employment Training Strategy (ASETS).
- Job Board & Binder
- Resume creation/updating
- Cover letter assistance
- Interview Skills
- Career Planning
- Referrals to other agencies
- Employment Insurance (EI) Assistance (Referral to Training/Employment)
- Access to Labour Market Information
- Resource Materials