We at the Health Centre along with others in the Community are working hard to keep you and your families safe. We need your help.
We now know that Covid 19 is spreading by community transmission- this means you can get it by going into public places, you can spread it by not taking proper precautions. Proper precautions are:
- It is very important that everyone stay home. We do not have Covid 19 in our community, yet.
- By staying at home, you are doing your part to slow the spread of Covid 19. We are still in flu season, staying home helps stop the spread of the flu and spring colds.
- Keep your children in your yard- do not let them go play with friends. This is important, children get Covid 19 too! There was a large group of children playing outside earlier this week. Explain to your children why it is so important to keep 2 meters or 6 feet between people who don’t live in your house.
- The Health Centre has booklets that can help you talk to your children about Covid 19. Give us a call if you would like some copies.
- We are not to gather in groups larger than 5 people- this excluded people who share your house.
- Do not hitchhike, do not pick up hitchhikers.
- If you have catch a ride or take someone to town for groceries – one person in the front seat one person in the back seat. Keep as much space as possible between you and your passenger/driver.
- If you are checking on someone- be sure that you are feeling well first. Stay on their doorstep do not enter. If they need help, call the Health Centre or 911 if it is an emergency.
- Only one person in the house should do the shopping, again don’t take your kids, why expose them to the risk unnecessarily. When you are in the store keep 6 feet or 2 meters between you and other people in the store.
- Wipe down your groceries when you get them home- don’t assume they are clean. Ordinary household cleaners will work for this. Don’t forget to wash your counters down when you have your groceries put away.
- Wash your hands for at least 20 seconds.
- Don’t touch your face- this is one way Covid 19 gets into your body. You get in on your hands or gloves and then touch your mouth, nose or eyes.
- Cover your cough, cough into a tissue (Kleenex) or your sleeve. Do not cough on others. After coughing, wash your hands.
- Hand washing may seem to simple, but it is very effective when done properly in removing germs and stopping the spread of viruses.
- The choices you make today will impact your family’s health.
- Are your choices keeping your family safe or putting them at risk of catching Covid 19.
- Who wants to be the one who brings Covid 19 to our community?
If you have any questions or need someone to talk to call the Health Centre 204.252.2369 we have staff dedicated to helping you.