It has come to our attention that a person who has tested positive for COVID-19 visited the Dakota Tipi VLT gaming center on July 17, 18, & 19, 2020 at various times of the day and evening. If you were at the Dakota Tipi VLT gaming center on those dates, we would like to ask you to monitor yourself for any symptoms listed below. ·
Most common symptoms:
- Dry cough Tiredness
Less common symptoms:
- Aches and pains
- Sore throat
- Loss of taste or smell
- A rash on skin, or
- discoloration of fingers or toes
- Difficulty breathing or shortness of breath
- Chest pain or pressure
- Loss of speech or movement
If you develop any of the symptoms, we ask you get the COVID-19 test at the Long Plain Health Center or make your way to Portage la Prairie Hospital. Self-isolation is required while waiting for the results. If you develop any serious symptoms, we ask you seek medical attention immediately.
We would like to remind the Long Plain Community Members to keep practicing and following the health and safety precautions set out by Manitoba Health. Wash/Sanitize your hands frequently, practicing safe physical distancing when out, and wear a mask and gloves as much as possible.
This information message will serve to confirm to all Long Plain First Nation on-reserve members that we will take every necessary precaution as recommended by Health Officials.
If you have any questions or concerns, you can reach me at (204) 870-2737.
Isaias Harper, Pandemic Coordinator, Long Plain First Nation
We want to ensure all our members continue to practice the public health measures that have been in place to ensure the safety of our community members.
These measures include:
• Physical Distancing (maintain 2 M/6 feet) if you cannot then please wear a mask
• Hand Hygiene; continue to always maintain good hand hygiene. If you are out of house carry hand sanitizer.
• Cough Etiquette (cover your cough with tissue or sleeve) and wash your hands after.
• Avoid crowded areas where physical distancing is not possible.
• Cleaning/disinfecting your home regularly, especially high touched objects (remotes, phones,
tablets, light switches, door handles electronics}
• Stay home when you are sick or contact health links or your health care provider.
• Health Links: 1-888-315-9257
• Know the symptoms Fever, cough, sore throat, runny nose, fatigue, nausea, vomiting, diarrhea. You can check online if you should be tested for Covid-19
• Remember, PROTECT yourself, PROTECT your loved ones, & PROTECT your community