Definition: “Qualifying Member” – means an eligible Tribal Member who was both alive and a Member on the day of the Vote for the Settlement and Trust Agreement. The vote was August 1, 2021.
Per Capita Distribution Eligibility Criteria:
- Babies born BEFORE August 1, 2021 and NOT REGISTERED will receive their Per Capita Distribution AFTER they are registered.
- Babies born AFTER August 1, 2021, are NOT ELIGIBLE for the Per Capita Distribution.
- Children in Care who are 12 years and older, with a bank account, are eligible for Per Capita Distribution if they submit a completed form or letter of request with banking information.
- If two parents/caregivers claim for the same child(ren), a cheque will be processed once an agreement is reached between the parties.
- Incarcerated Tribal Members will have their cheques mailed to them at their applicable institutions.
NOTE ON CHEQUES:
- If you do not receive a cheque on December 3, or December 4, 2021, the next pick – up dates at the Misk, are:
Friday, December 10, 2021
Friday, December 17, 2021
- If Tribal members did not pick up their cheque on December 3 or December 4, 2021, their cheque will be mailed to address that was provided starting on December 6, 2021.
- Final Day to pick up cheques at the Misk is Friday, January 21, 2021