A major snowstorm is forecasted for Southern Manitoba, Potentially the worst blizzard in the decade.
Power outages may occur so stock up on needed supplies and medications now.
FOR THE SAFETY FOR ALL, PLEASE STAY HOME.
Our Public Works Department has prepared our heavy equipment by putting on the wing on the graders and fueling all our vehicles.
- We are also fueling up our school buses and medical vehicles to support the community members as transportation is required.
- The heavy equipment operators will open the main roads followed by the lanes of our members on our priority list of 97 that includes:
- Medical transportation chronic clients who need to attend medical services
- Elderly with medical needs
- Dialysis patients
- Essential service workers
- Parents who have infants less than one year old
- Please stock up on your water to use for personal hygiene and to flush the toilet, if required.
- Ensure your medications are filled.
- Ensure your cell phones are charged.
- Ensure you have batteries for flashlights.
A case of water will be delivered by ADC staff to each household starting Tuesday, April 12, 2022, in the Main community and the Keesh.
In the event of a power outage:
- Elders will be given first option to relocate.
- Community members with health issues will be given second priority
- There will be generators at the gas bar to power the pumps for fuel.
- The firefighters and security will be monitoring homes to ensure that all are safe.
- Your freezer contents will be good for 48 hours if you don’t frequently open them.
- Candles can keep your house warm but monitor them from tipping over.
The Spirit Lodge will be the Command Center. Please contact Security at 204-595-8310 if you require assistance.
All offices entities will be closed on Wednesday, April 13, 2022.
The school will be closed Wednesday, April 13 and Thursday, April 14, 2022.