POSITION: Driver – Indefinite Term
DEPARTMENT: Non-Insured Health Benefits (NIHB)
CLOSING DATE: Open Until Filled
Under the direction of the NIHB Program Manager, the incumbent is responsible for transporting clients to a variety of appointments and activities.
• Provide transportation in a safe manner, using safe driving techniques at all times.
• Transport community members to appointments as directed.
• Assist passengers on and off, ensuring they are safely at their destination prior to leaving.
• Wash windows, dust interior, sweep/vacuum and was floor in interior of vehicle weekly or when necessary if vehicle is dirty.
• On a daily basis, ensure all garbage is removed from vehicle and spot-clean where needed. Perform a safety inspection daily before transporting clients i.e., check oil and other fluids, check tires, lights, blinkers etc.
• Wash the exterior of the vehicle monthly or more often if it becomes necessary and submit receipt the to the Program Manager (PM) for reimbursement.
• Responsible for maintaining an accurate service log and ensure that routine service maintenance is completed at recommended intervals.
• Promptly advise the PM of any mechanical problems encountered with the vehicle.
• Keep an accurate record of gas and oil used.
• Speak and act in a courteous and respectful manner at all times.
• Do not pick hitchhikers.
• Other duties as assigned and/or outlined in the job description.
• Minimum Grade 10.
• Previous experience is an asset.
• Must be able to perform manual tasks and minor repairs.
• Demonstrated ability to perform duties in a confidential and ethical manner.
• Ability to function effectively as a team member, demonstrating emotional stability and objectivity when dealing with challenging/changing work environments.
• Strong organizational, problem solving, time management skills.
• Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work co-operatively as a part of an interdisciplinary team of professionals.
• Ability to follow direction with a demonstrated ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
• Adhere to LPFN policies and procedures with specific attention to attendance, and professional ethics.
• Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Clear Child Abuse Checks.
• Current first aid and CPR certification.
• Must be in good physical and mental health.
Conditions of Employment
• Valid class 4 driver’s license and an acceptable driver’s abstract. Satisfactory Criminal Record Check, Clear Child Abuse Checks.
We thank all who apply and advise that only those selected for an interview will be contacted.
Interested applicants are invited to forward a cover letter, resume with two references to:
Human Resources: [email protected]