Long Plain Health Centre
POSITION SUMMARY: The Health Director will be responsible for overseeing all health programs, services, policy design, program development and implementation, as well as personnel. This incumbent will hold a senior management administrative position, and will report to the Tribal Administrator or Designate.
- Conduct short- and long-term strategic planning for all aspects of operations and systems.
- Assess health indicators of the community on a continual basis.
- Develop and implement innovative approaches to address community health needs and to improve health delivery systems and operation.
- Draft policies and procedures and ensure adherence to all.
- Ensure the implementation of all chosen and mandatory programs and services.
- Monitor the performance of staff and conduct periodic employee appraisal.
- Ensure that relevant health information and health education material is obtained and made available to all levels of the organization on a continual basis.
- Provide Long Plain First Nation Chief and Council with information relating to resources within Health Canada, FNIHB, provincial agencies, as well as pertinent health-related issues.
- Assist in the hiring of new staff by participating in the screening and interviewing process.
- Evaluate contracts and services as provided by the various health care agencies and independent contractor that must benefit the community.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Post-Secondary degree in Health/Administration/Management or an equivalent combination of education, training and experience.
- Minimum ten (10) years of Executive Leadership experience within a health care setting.
- Minimum five (5) years of supervisory experience leading a multidisciplinary team.
- Proficiency with a variety of computer applications (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint).
- Must hold and maintain a Valid Class 5 driver’s license and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Must be able to travel as requested.
- Must hold and maintain Valid Standard First Aid Level C and CPR Certificate.
- Experience working within First Nations communities an asset.
- Be able to work a flexible or irregular work schedule including after hours and weekends, as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, & Clear Child & Adult Abuse Checks must be submitted with your application; receipts will be acceptable until originals are returned & submitted to HR.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 20240002
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit your cover letter & resume indicating Competition # to:
Human Resources Department
Long Plain First Nation, 111 Yellowquill Trail East
Long Plain Reserve No.6, MB R1N 3B7
E-mail: [email protected]
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first preference will be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous Peoples of Canada Ancestry. We thank all those who applied, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For the full job description, please email [email protected] to request a copy.