Health Care Aide
Long Plain Health Centre
POSITION SUMMARY: The Health Care Aide (HCA) provides direct client care and environmental support within established standards of care, policies, and procedures. The Health Care Aide functions in meeting the special and changing needs of clients and assisting them in reaching and maintaining optimum health and independence within the limits of their abilities under the direction of the Home and Community Care Program Coordinator.
- To provide services according to the care plan under the direction of the Home and Community Care Program Coordinator.
- Aid with meal planning and preparation, while adhering to the Canada’s Food Guide & ensuring that the clients’ special dietary and cultural needs are being met.
- Guide clients and their families by teaching them how to work towards optimal self-care, teaching essential skills, and providing necessary assistance while encouraging independence.
- Administer, in emergency situations, first aid to injured or ill individuals within their scope of competencies as a Health Care Aide.
- Transport patients to doctor’s appointments or to complete errands with respect and patience.
- Perform medical tasks, such as administering medication, checking vital signs, etc.
- Perform light housekeeping duties, such as cooking, dishes, and laundry.
- Provide or assist the client with observation and measurements as per care plan to include but not limited to reporting any change in client’s condition to the Home and Community Care Program Coordinator; document care according to LPFN policy and legislation.
- Maintain, order inventory, stock unit supplies (i.e. linen, food, etc.), and put supplies/equipment/order away appropriately.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Health Care Aide Certificate from a recognized program.
- Previous Health Care Aide work experience will be an asset, however, we may be willing to train.
- Must hold and maintain Valid Standard First Aid Level C and CPR Certificate.
- Possess a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Be able to work a flexible or irregular work schedule including after hours and weekends, as needed.
PLEASE NOTE: Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, & Clear Child & Adult Abuse Checks; receipts will be acceptable until originals are returned & submitted to HR.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 20240009
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit your cover letter & resume indicating Competition # to:
Human Resources Department
Long Plain First Nation, 111 Yellowquill Trail East
Long Plain Reserve No.6, MB R1N 3B7
E-mail: [email protected]
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first preference will be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous Peoples of Canada Ancestry. We thank all those who applied, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For the full job description, please email [email protected] to request a copy.