Home Care Nurse
Long Plain Health Centre
POSITION SUMMARY: Under the direction of the Home and Community Care Program Coordinator, the Licensed Practical Nurse (LPN), in which is the Home Care Nurse, is responsible for providing community based acute care nursing services. The Home Care Nurse will use their teaching, assessment, and nursing skills to effectively assist clients to attain their optimum level of independent functioning.
- Provide in-home and in-facility home care services as scheduled by the Home and Community Care Coordinator.
- Effectively organize home care nursing services within the home in an innovative and adaptable manner in order to successfully manage the client’s needs.
- Provide support to the client and their families by acting as a resource as well as a professional liaison.
- Bring to attention of the Home Care and Community Care Coordinator any practices which are not consistent with current knowledge or acceptable professional standards.
- Provide acute nursing care in home or in-facility based on physician instructions and as outlined in the Home Care and Community Care Service Delivery plan.
- Consult with client’s physicians or other health care professional as necessary to provide coordinated client care.
- Provide information and teachings to client’s care givers on self-care, prevention, rehabilitative and comfort measures.
- Respond to emergencies in the community as necessary.
- Perform the duties of the Home and Community Care Coordinator in their absence.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Must possess a current active registration as a Licensed Practical Nurse and be a member in good standing with the College of Licensed Practical Nurses of Manitoba.
- Previous Home Care or Community Health work experience will be an asset.
- Must hold and maintain Valid Standard First Aid Level C and CPR Certificate.
- Must hold a Valid Class 5 Driver’s License and access to a reliable vehicle.
- Adhere to LPFN policies and procedures with specific attention to attendance, and professional ethics.
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software and applications with knowledge of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook, etc.).
- Experience working within First Nations communities an asset.
- Be able to work a flexible or irregular work schedule including after hours and weekends, as needed; must be able to travel as needed.
- Must have the ability to perform all direct care nursing tasks as legislated under applicable professional nursing act.
PLEASE NOTE: Satisfactory Criminal Record Check with Vulnerable Sector Screening, & Clear Child & Adult Abuse Checks must be submitted with your application; receipts will be acceptable until originals are returned & submitted to HR.
COMPETITION NUMBER: 20240008
Applications will be accepted until the position has been filled.
Please submit your cover letter & resume indicating Competition # to:
Human Resources Department
Long Plain First Nation, 111 Yellowquill Trail East
Long Plain Reserve No.6, MB R1N 3B7
E-mail: [email protected]
This opportunity is open to all applicants; however, first preference will be given to qualified applicants of Indigenous Peoples of Canada Ancestry. We thank all those who applied, but only those selected for an interview will be contacted. For the full job description, please email [email protected] to request a copy.